Artist

Alexander Averin

Saturday 3 December 2011

Alphabet Day







Sleeping Cat
Pierre Auguste Renoir 


Are cats lazy? Well more power to them if they are.

Anon





Alphabet Day


Anything you do today may tire you,
best thing is to rest,
create masterpieces in your head.  Enjoy a
do nothing day.
(Everyone needs them).
Face up to it,
give in,
have a day off.  Spend time
in relaxing surroundings,  think only of
joyous pastimes whether it be
knitting,
lazing or
meditating.
Never feel guilty, let
others do the chores,
please yourself just for once.
(Quickly before you change your mind!)
Read on the sofa or
sitting on your favourite chair.
Take time out,
under no circumstances relent or
vary your activities, just
watch the world go by,
X-ist.
You know you deserve it.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz



Cait O’Connor


PS As Winifred Carriere said ' Cats always know whether people like or dislike them.  They do not always care enough to do anything about it'.




12 comments:

e said...

Lovely sentiment, and I do love the quote regarding cats. Very true for my trio of felines.

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

Hello Cait

I love your Alphabet poem! I am going to put your quote about cats in my quote book.

Take Care and have a great evening.

Best
Tracy :)

Elizabeth said...

Such fun!
Loved both the poem and the idea.

Frances said...

Cait, that sleeping cat does set a delightful pace.

I love your poem and will try to find a way to follow its theme even as the season begins to send messages of urgency.

Don't worry too much about that BBC fellow. I'd hope that most folks would realize that he was talking nonsense. If folks don't realize that, they must be living in a very different universe.

xo

Vee said...

Oh I do love it and wish that I could allow myself the luxury. Perhaps next week!

Cloudia said...

much needed elixir of a post!


Aloha from Waikiki

Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

><}}(°>

< ° ) } } > <

Stunning dude said...

I love your Alphabet poem! I am going to put your quote about cats in my quote book.
hopefully one day you will right on wide bird cage

Fennie said...

Only the LAZY cats do nothing about it! Siamese cats are not lazy and they know their likes and dislikes!

Great poem!

Ruth said...

Ha! I like the turns taken in these quotes and your poem. I've learned the way of the cat all too well.

Dave King said...

You would not believe how many masterpieces are in my head! I don't think there's room for another. Fine post. Loved it.

laurie said...

i love do-nothing days. though i have a very hard time doing nothing.

CAMILLA said...

That is so true about Cats, and love your Alphabet poem Cait.