Artist

Alexander Averin

Friday 21 February 2014

I Won!



Terry Pratchett

Scientists have calculated that the chances of something so patently absurd actually existing are millions to one.

But magicians have calculated that million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.


Terry PratchettMort


I never win anything; well I am lying a bit as on thinking back I  remembered that I have won things and twice in my life, (well three if you count winning £10 once on the National Lottery). I won a bottle of whisky in a raffle once at a Dobermann Club dog show many moons ago and I did win £1000 in our local Air Ambulance lottery a few years back - that was a big one (!) and I wanted to donate the prize back to the Air Ambulance as they have ferried me on two occasions and I owe them a very great deal. But they absolutely refused to allow me to do that so I accepted it - my bank balance was dwindling at that time so it was quickly swallowed up and I never did treat myself.  And now I have won two sets of notecards in an online draw by a Devon artist and blogger .  Do go and visit a fine photographer and wildlife artist living on Dartmoor whose blog is always on my list as one not to miss.

She has an Etsy shop too.

I hope you have good luck too in the near future.

Bye for now,

Go mbeannai dia duit,

Cait.

2 comments:

Kaye Waller said...

Congrats!

I've won two things in my life, as far as I can remember: free diaper service for six weeks (back when there was sch a thing), and a magnum of champagne at a pub Halloween party for going as Cyrano de Bergerac. Not sure which one I enjoyed most ;)

Looking forward to your Magpie contribution this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I already follow Em- she did a wonderful sketch of our westie Teddy that she has on her blog - and saw that you'd won her draw. Well done! A lovely gift to receive. And I LOVE Terry Pratchett too :-)