Artist

Alexander Averin

Monday 16 November 2009

Nemesis, David Gray


Neath an avalanche - soft as moss
I'm a creeping and intangible sense of loss
I'm the memory you can't get out your head
If I leave you now
You'll wish you were somewhere else instead
I'm the manta ray - I'm the louse
I am a photograph they found in your burned out house
I'm the sound of money washing down the drain
I am the pack of lies baby that keeps you sane
Gates of Heaven are open wide
God help me baby I'm trapped inside
Feel like I'm buried alive
I'm the bottom line - of the joke
I am ecstasy - spilling like bright egg yolk
I'm the thoughts you're too ashamed to ever share
And I am the smell of it - you're trying to wash out of you hair
Gates of Heaven are open wide
God help me baby I'm lost inside
Feel like I'm buried alive
Possibilities limitless
Just give me something that's more than this
One shot and I'll never miss
yes
I'm the babe that sleeps through the blitz
I am a sudden and quite unexpected twist
I am your one true love who sleeps with someone else
I am your nemesis
Baby I'm life sweet life itself

3 comments:

Bee said...

I was listening, obsessively, to this album last week. It's interesting, though, to properly read the words. I tend to just let the sound wash over me!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Love him. Have you heard the duet with Annie Lennox? I never realized how similar their voices were.

The bike shed said...

Very good - though I think lyrics seldom work as poetry; they need the music somehow.

I haven't heard this album yet - must get it